Going to start working with NSLIJ? You will need to become a part of their online Employee Self Service (ESS) portal. NSLIJ ESS login portal is an online virtual workplace for the new and old employees of Northwell Health. And if you too want to be a part of it, then follow me through this discussion and you will understand how you can register and login to the healthcare’s employee portal.
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Healthcare Inc. (NSLIJ) also known as Northwell Health Inc. since 2015 is a famous hospital chain in the United States of America. It has its headquarters in Manhattan, New York. Northwell Health is also a parent organization to 23 hospitals and many other medical facilities. Northwell Health is a non-profit organization that works with the help of the communities and the Northwell Health Foundation which is its official fundraiser. Currently, Northwell Health is home to more 68,000 employees.
What is NSLIJ ESS?
The NSLIJ ESS login portal is an employee self-service portal for the employees of Northwell Health, formerly known as North Shore-Long Island Jewish Healthcare. It helps the employees to manage their account and look for the patients’ reports from the comfort of their desks.
Benefits of using NSLIJ ESS Login Portal
For the associates and employees of Northwell Health, the employee portal comes in very handy while working. It brings with itself many benefits, some of which are listed here.
- You can use your NSLIJ ESS login account to manage and update your personal profile.
- View your paychecks using the online ESS portal.
- You can also use this portal to access your company email.
- Use this portal to review your work history and connect with your acquaintances or colleagues.
- The portal will also help you to generate your work report whenever you need.
Using these facilities will certainly ease most of your paperwork and help you manage your work account and schedule.
What you need to log into the portal
Now, before you hurry to log in to the NSLIJ ESS login portal to avail of all the benefits that it offers, you need to know that there are a few things that you will require in order to log in to the Northwell Health portal. Here’s the list,
- A Universal ID, user ID provided by Northwell through email.
- A password. Your default password is generally the (mm/dd of your birthday) + (last four digits of your SSN). So, for example, your birthday is on 21st July and the last four digits of your Social Security Number are 0987 then your default password is 07210987.
- An ESS key. Note that your ESS key is ‘ns’ + (last four digits of your SSN). Hence, for example, if the last four digits of your SSN are 0987, then your ESS key is ns0987.
If you have gathered all this, then it is time to do the deed.
Login to Northwell portal
We have the benefits figured out and the requirements fulfilled, now we shall start the process to log into the Northwell Health portal. Follow the steps word-by-word to gain access to the NSLIJ ESS login portal.
- Visit Northwell.edu/employees. Here you will get all the necessary links for you as an employee.
- Scroll down to find ‘mySelfService‘. Click on it and you will be redirected to a login page.
- Enter your Universal ID in the first input box consecutive to it
- After that input your Password as per the instructions provided above.
- Enter your ESS key to the next input box.
- Click on the blue ‘Log On’ button.
And that is how you can gain access to your organization’s employee portal. You can access all the benefits that Northwell Health provides its employees using the various useful links like Employee intranet and Health plan provider directory and enrollment given in the ‘Employees’ category of Northwell Health website.
Did you forget your password?
At times when you may forget your password combination, it is always better to seek help instead of punching in the wrong password. We are here to help. If you have forgotten your NSLIJ ESS login password then follow the steps written below to reset it to something that you will remember.
- Visit the login page or mySelfService page.
- Below the ‘Log On’ button, you will find a ‘Forgot your Password?’ link. Click on it.
- By default, it opens the page to recover your ESS key. But below the ‘Log In’ button you will find another ‘Forgot your Password?’ link. Click on that.
- A new page will open asking you for your Universal ID that was given to you by Northwell Health.
- Enter the Universal ID in the input box.
- Click on ‘OK’ and you will receive a mail on your email address linked to your Universal ID. This will consist of a link to reset your password.
Similarly, if you have forgotten your ESS key then follow the first two steps given above and then instead of going through with the third step follow these,
- Enter your Universal ID in the first input box.
- Next, enter your Password in the second input box.
- And then, click on ‘Log In’.
This will help you to recover your ESS key. Use that to re-access your NSLIJ ESS account.
Facing a problem?
If you are still facing any kind of problem regarding the NSLIJ ESS login process then check the following things,
- Your internet connection is in working condition, stable and fast.
- Your web browser is up-to-date.
- The Northwell server isn’t down.
A healthcare center employee needs an organizational portal the most to be able to connect with other doctors and review patient files. And Northwell Health’s NSLIJ ESS login portal allows you to do just that and more. Review our login guide and let us know if you find it helpful. If you have any more questions, then ask us via the comment section below this article. Hopefully, you found this article helpful enough.